Not long ago, I removed all of the descriptive text in the listing of vehicle rental companies. The written text was all touting through the various companies, mostly that they are the least expensive, most dependable, best service, or rented cars for really unattainable rates. There wasn’t any help to the traveler or any one of it, and that i thought best just to achieve the rental vehicle company names, and so the traveler compares themselves. For the time being, I am going always keep these listings clean. Anyone who has much better ideas, don’t hesitate to discuss. –Inas 20:23, 6 The month of january 2009 (EST)
Districts, Metropolitan areas & Towns
Right now, the Gold Coast is not an area – its a town. You will find separate articles for Surfers Paradise as well as for Tweed Heads, due to the density of accommodation and attractions there. However there is not another article for each suburb, like Robina, Sourhport, etc. Many of these areas go within the primary article. If you feel this will change, please discuss here. Thanks. –Inas 00:56, 21 The month of january 2009 (EST)
We do not have “See Also” links in articles, begin to see the Wikitravel:Manual of fashion. That kind of stuff usually gets into the “EscapeInch section, and that’s why I moved it there. –Inas 01:00, 21 The month of january 2009 (EST)
Edit Problem (bug)
There’s an issue editing this site, simply adding just one character.
When saving, an edit conflict page seems, mentioning The page you desired in order to save was blocked through the junk e-mail filter. This really is most likely the result of a connect to an exterior Site. Something related to “X mas” (with no space inside)
Doesnt occur on other pages I edited (Whew!, nothing related to me).
–Advanstra 03:00, 21 Feb 2009 (EST)
Fixed the issue, removed all references towards the four letter word beginning with X and also the page saves properly. Don’t make use of the word “X mas” (with no space inside) in the following paragraphs, the junk e-mail filter doesn enjoy it for reasons uknown.–Advanstra 03:09, 21 Feb 2009 (EST)
Listings moved out of this article
According to Wikitravel policy tthere shouldn’t be specific sleep listings (etc) in the following paragraphs. The next were removed and really should go to their correct district articles.–Burmesedays 10:10, 6 June 2011 (EDT)
- Deep Ocean Fishing Charters Gold Coast (Deep Ocean Fishing Charters), 47 Scarborough Street, Southport Queensland 4215, ☎ (07) 5641 4536, . Deep ocean fishing charter Gold Coast being keen fishermen try to provide anybody from newcomers right through to experienced anglers a genuine fishing experience not only a boat charter service. edit
- Ocean World  may be the earliest as well as probably the most established amusement parks around australia. It first opened up in 1958 before relocating to its present site in 1971. It’s the nearest to heart from the Gold Coast and will also be interesting for individuals who choose marine creatures. Plenty of shows and live functions, and you can easily spend each day here without happening any rides, like the corkscrew ride, and speed water slides.
- Dreamworld  is really a traditional amusement park having a popular tiger zoo and it is the house of the Australian Your Government House. The park is quite small however it is among the the best places to use Australia if you want thrill rides. Includes Wiggleworld an excellent kids area named following the Wiggles group.
- Warner Bros. Movie World  is really a Warner Bros. movie themed park. WB Movie and Loony Toon figures wander around everywhere. It’s the most themed from the Gold Coast parks and includes the quickest (and actually simply good) rollercoaster around australia (Superman Escape). Once more the right place for that thrillseekers.
- Wet’n’Wild, ☎ +61 7 5573 2255, . 10AM – 5PM (9PM during Jan) except 12 , 25 and April 25 (1.30PM – 5PM). Water amusement park with an array of slides, a wave pool, ‘dive-in movies’ during the night within the wave pool (if you want) or even a river where one can just lie inside a tube and float around and around! An absolute must throughout the summer time, though that is better left to some day that is not stupidly hot or even the queues are extremely absurd. Water is heated in the winter months. Adults $49/Children (4-13yrs) & Pensioners $32. edit
- Australian Outback Spectacular, ☎ 133 386, . Nightly Tues-Sun (except 12 , 25 ), ~7PM. is really a new Epic Outback Show, filled with stampeding cattle, wild horses as well as an Australian Dinner. Free stockman’s hat! Adults $99/Pensioners $89/Children (4-13yrs) $65. edit
- WhiteWater World, ☎ +61 7 5588 1111, . 10AM – 5PM except 12 , 25 and April 25 (1.30PM – 5PM). is really a newer waterpark alongside Dreamworld, stated to become every bit as good as Wet’n’Wild, otherwise better. Combined tickets available. Adults $45/Children (4-13yrs) & Pensioners $30. edit
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, . is known for feeding huge flocks of rainbow lorikeets, that will perch on your mind and arms. This park has expanded to have many animal exhibits. The lorikeet feeding happens just within the entrance, but there’s also countless native Australian creatures displayed in natural bushland and rainforest settings round the park. You will get near to the usual range of kangaroos, emus, wallabies, etc. in open enclosures. edit
- Easy hike up Burleigh Mountain, (or stroll the headland) 30 minutes busride south of Surfers Paradise (take route 700 (Tweed Heads) bus from Cavill Avenue, leave in the Gold Coast Highway/Ikkina Road stop.), . This small mountain can be found in the mouth of Tallebudgera Creek because it joins the sea and it is between swimming spots across the river and beach. The mountain is simply near the primary road, and is a straightforward walk to the peak. At the very top you can go to the data center, begin to see the remains of Aboriginal middens, rock formations left out by ancient eruptions of Mount Warning, and check out recognizing whales and ocean eagles in the lookouts within the southern shoreline. For individuals that are not enthusiastic walkers and wish some thing relaxed, have a stroll concerning the Burleigh headland, offering stunning sea views and wonderful bays. FREE. edit
- The Wax Museum, 56 Ferny Avenue, ☎ +61 ()7 5538 3975, . 10AM – 10PM Daily. To be the largest wax museum within the southern hemisphere, you are able to meet celebrities who made history- Celebrities, Scientists, Explorers, Villains and World Leaders all given startling realism and outfitted in authentically reproduced costumes of the occasions. edit
- Carrara Markets, Carrara (corner of Gooding Drive and Manchester Road), . Sitting and Sun 7AM-4PM. Massive outside market well over 500 stalls, selling from food to clothing to plants, and much more. Cheap passenger bus service from Surfer’s Paradise, a great FREE day trip, something for the entire family. free. edit
- Harbourtown, Biggera Waters (Cnr Gold Coast Hwy and Oxley Drive). Offers ‘warehouse direct’ and discount fashion outlets in addition to Studying Cinema. Bus from Southport. edit
- Robina Town Center, Robina (near Railway Station). Large urban shopping center with supermarkets, cinemas and variety stores. edit
- Off-shore Fair, Broadbeach (Nerang Broadbeach Rd near Gold Coast Hwy), . Houses a Myer mall, KMart and Target variety stores and various niche shops selling almost every consumer item you are able to consider, although its labyrinthine layout can be quite confusing for that first-time customer. edit
- Q Super Center, Mermaid Waters (Cnr Bermuda Street and Merkeri Street), . A great suburban shopping center with lower grocery prices because of competition between Aldi, Coles and Woolworths. Additionally, it has Clive Anthonys (electical store) and Sams Warehouse (discount variety shop). edit
- Australia Fair, Southport (Scarborough Street), . A sizable shopping center in the middle of Southport. edit
- Bazaar Marketplace, 7 Staghorn Avenue, Surfers Paradise, ☎ (07) 5584 1200, . 6.30am – 9.30pm. Moroccan “street vendor” inspired dining experience. Walk-through and taste high finish culinary delights from around the globe. $18-$64. edit
- Stingray Lounge, 7 Staghorn Avenue, Surfers Paradise, . 12pm-12am. Recently renovated funky lounge, Bar Tapas from $4, exotic cocktails. edit
- Luxury resorts
- Palazzo Versace Hotel, Primary Beach
- Sanctuary Cove Resort, Sanctuary Cove
- Conrad Jupiters, Broadbeach
- Ocean World Resort, Primary Beach
- Solnamara Beach front Apartments (Overnight Accommodation), 202 The Esplanade Burleigh Heads, ☎ (07) 5535 1022, . Modern fully all-in-one apartments with great sea views. edit
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast, 122 Ferny Ave Surfers Paradise, ☎ 61-7-55794444, . checkin: 2pm checkout: 10am. Resort with free supervised Zone 4 Kids Club, Aqua Play Waterpark, hotel style rooms from $139. edit
- QT Gold Coast, 7 Staghorn Avenue Surfers Paradise, ☎ (07) 55841200, . Modern, Designer Hotel, Recently Renovated, Best Restaurant and Bar From $125. edit
Australia: Travels in Tasmania
Magicalgaming 66: 18:01 it ain’t a cow, it’s shawn the sheep.
huntva: +Magicalgaming 66 Thank you for the correction.
fahad5656: good catch lol
FRANCIS COX: G’day from Launie (Launceston) Nth Tassie , voted The Best Family Friendly City in the nation 2013 🙂 . Proud of my City and our state of Tasmania . \n\nPlease visit our Apple Isle State and enjoy 🙂 \n\nCheers from Mowbray , Launceston , Tas
Strayaa: Bridport 🙂
crapmypantz tR nick: Sensational Job. I live on tassie. And this would have to one of the best films of tasmania. You guys would of loved Richmond. Also the Hobart museum also a little village called cygnet and also Geeveston and visited the forestry museum. Also the air walk. Hastings caves
MrHelidude: This is my State where I live …. :-)\n\nIf anyone would like to see some of Tasmania from the south all the way up to the north (where I am) but can not make it here in person then this 26 minute film will cover a weeks drive around Tasmania pretty well indeed .\n\nCongratulations to the makers of this beautiful and amazing film and thank you for sharing it with us all.\n\nSo if anyone has spare 26 minutes – then please enjoy “Travels in Tasmania ….. \nFrom Nara ( Launceston ) ……… (ツ)
hondus brahms: I think I’ll put Tasmania on my top three list of places to move once I’m independently wealthy 🙂 (or if my skills as a physician are needed). How would a normal guy and his family find it in Tasmania? Would they be welcome? Or is Tasmania like many uniquely beautiful places where the residents don’t want any more people? I’ve read of some social problems in Tasmania – poverty etc. – is it a big problem? Doesn’t seem so from the video.
fidomusic: I’ve been to Tasmania three times, and love the place. This is an excellent documentary.
dvchel: A very beautiful documentary! When are you going to upload the rest of your travel in Tasmania?